Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Corn on the cob with no mess?!? Get out!

My friend, Amy, is having her kitchen remodeled and so I went to help her pack up everything.  Because I'm super sweet, I took dinner...and then said, "we can cook this, but we have to do it my way and we have to stop and take pictures."  I'm very bossy that way.

After we finished she said, "Wow!  We might have corn on the cob more if I can do the shuck and silk thing that way!"  So, now her family is probably thanking me.  I will say "You're welcome."



This is easy!!  Just put it in the oven, BEFORE shucking or silking.   Really, just put it in the oven the way you brought it home from the store.

Then bake it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.



This is what it looked like after 30 minutes (and this oven is one of the reasons my friend is remodeling).  The smell as it roasted was scrumptious.  It reminded me of the Rodeo.

 
After you take it out, cut off the BIG end.
 
Now, this next part was so life changing the girls said, "Can we video this?"  So, here is the first video on my blog.
 
 
So, in case you aren't a video watcher....grab the small end (pointing end with silks sticking out) with a pot holder and squeeze.  The corn slides right out with NO silks!!!!!!  (ok, to be truthful, Hannah found one on her corn.  Nobody else did.)
 
I did find it helpful to use a pot holder with silicone grips on it.  The corn was a little slippery.
 
Here's the final product, ready for some butter, salt and pepper.
 
 
No messy silks and shucks...sigh...one less problem in the world and no dishes to wash.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment