Saturday, July 20, 2013

Amazing Coconut Oil

On Saturdays, I have decided to give the Dish Fairy a break and stop complaining about how she doesn't help me out. 

On Saturdays, I'm just going to post about things I like or things that I want to tell you about.

Today:  Coconut Oil


Coconut Oil is amazing.  You can use it anywhere for anything!

My favorite use is in the shower.  I use it like soap and it is great for shaving.  It has helped my dry patches SIGNIFICANTLY.  They do not itch like fire any more.  One word of caution...it makes your shower a little slippery.  I spray the floor with a mixture of Dawn Dish Detergent and Vinegar (equal parts) when I get out of the shower and then rinse it after I am dressed.

My dental hygienist recommends brushing your teeth with it.  I had not tried this because I have a horrible gag reflex, but since I was telling y'all about it.  I figured that I should just do it.  SO... I gagged, but I gag with toothpaste.  I gag just thinking about brushing my teeth, so that's not a good indicator.  There was a slight coconut smell, but not taste.  My teeth feel VERY smooth.  I'll probably try it again.  I like to make my dental hygienist happy.

And I've also seen an article about swishing coconut oil in your mouth to get rid of bacteria. 

I've seen reports about Alzheimer's patients having great success with Coconut Oil.  This video appeared on CBN and is amazing to watch. 

I like to use it like butter on my toast in the morning especially on Cinnamon Raisin Bread. Yum...

My friend Martha uses it to make popcorn.  Here's how she does it:
"I use my large saucepan and melt about 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil over medium high heat. Place 3-4 kernels in the pan and cover. When the first kernel pops, add 1/2 cup of popcorn. Shake pan gently with lid slightly open to allow steam to escape.  When the popping slows to 2 or 3 seconds apart empty into a bowl, season as you like and serve. This makes enough popcorn for the family (or just me for supper!). Reduce the ingredients accordingly for a smaller batch."  I've haven't tried it because my stove is glass and I'm afraid I will scratch it.  I wonder if the grill would work?

According to www.coconutoil.com, there are significant health benefits from coconut oil.  Here's a few:
  • Improves or reverses Alzheimer's Disease
  • Kills Candida fungus
  • Improves Type 2 and Types 1 Diabetes
  • Helps with Hypothyroidism by increasing metabolism and raising body temperature
  • Improves or heals many skin diseases
  • Conditions or strengthens hair
  • Promotes weight loss
  • Kills bacteria and viruses
  • Provides energy
Now if those claims are true...coconut oil is truly amazing!  You can buy it at most grocery stores or here's a link to some on Amazon.

Try some coconut oil this week.  Let me know if it helps YOU in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment