Saturday, July 27, 2013

How to make your own Pool Table

Warning:  today's post has nothing to do with the Dish Fairy or the deficit of a Dish Fairy...

I have a pool.  I love my pool.  I spend a lot of time in my pool and I've always wanted a floating table.  So, I made one...my own pool table.


Here is my pool.  And you know what I have learned about pool ownership?  People get really hungry when they are in the pool and if they come into the house for food, they drip.  A lot.  So, I decided to take the food to them.

 
This was a super easy project!  My friend Amy was truly the mastermind behind the construction, so all the kudos go to her!

 
First get pool noodles and slide your scissors in the hole and start cutting a slit into the noodle.
 
Then, find a piece of 1/2 inch plywood (my husband put stain and polyurethane on ours to make it slightly more waterproof).  You can buy it precut to many different sizes at Home Depot or Lowe's. 
Then slide the pool noodles on the board using the slit you cut.  You will have to trim some noodle so that it fits.
 
 
Here is the finished product leaning up against the wall.  The rope is so you can drag it around with you.  The flag is because Amy says all boats need a flag.
 
Here it is in the water being used...
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment