Monday, July 15, 2013

One Dish Dinner: Italian Chicken

21 years ago while I was pregnant, I ended up on bed rest for 16 weeks.  Lots of very sweet people brought me meals.  This was one of our favorites and has remained one that my kiddos beg me to fix.


It is SUPER easy.

In a 9x13 dish, put frozen chicken breasts in the middle.

Add 2 cans of green beans at one end.

Add cut up potatoes at the other end.



The original recipe said to sprinkle a packet of Italian Dressing Mix on top and then melt a stick of butter and pour it over all of the dish.  I've done that, but usually I'm trying for less fat calories and so I pour a bottle of pre-made low fat or fat free Italian Dressing over the entire dish.

When I made it in the picture, I used the dry mix and butter.  My in-laws commented that they liked it better that way because it wasn't as spicy.  My husband and I had to add salt and pepper.  So, if you like more flavorful food, go for the bottled dressing.

Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350 degrees.  Sometimes, I have to add a few more minutes until the potatoes are fork tender.

Voila - One dish to wash and it can even go in the dishwasher!!!!  Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment