Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Musty Smell Remover

I hate when you have just showered and you are all clean and then you grab a towel to dry off and it stinks.  Then your clean body has musty stink all over it.

But, I live in Houston which is one big huge sauna in the summer.  Nothing dries quickly and so THAT smell is gonna happen at some point.  What to do?



This is quite an easy fix for some people, but for others...it just won't work.



HOMEMADE MUSTY SMELL REMOVER

1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide
1/2 cup white vinegar

Fill your washing machine with the towels and allow it to fill with water.  Then stop the cycle, add the mixture and let the towels soak for 30 minutes.

Then, wash as usual.  I add my soap at this point.

Now, some of you are thinking, no sweat.  BUT, those of you with a front loader are thinking, that won't work.  I can't soak...there isn't enough water.  There is no soak cycle.  And for you, I currently have no fix.  I don't have a front loader, so I can't even test it out.  BUT, I do have an idea that I am testing.....so stay tuned.

Two questions:
  • Do people who live in dry climates get musty towels?
  • Do you have a front loader...would you buy it again?

No comments:

Post a Comment