Friday, July 12, 2013

Saving money = less dishes to wash

See here is how the equation works. 

If I save money, that leaves extra money in the "Eating Out" category of the budget. 
If I eat out, there are no dishes to wash.
If there are no dishes to wash, I am happy, happy, happy.

Isn't that brilliant????  Such simple math. 



So, I am committed to finding ways to save money.  Here is my newest favorite:

Make your own laundry soap!  In case you hadn't noticed, laundry soap is expensive!

I tried it and it works and it is cheap.  I spent less than $10 and I have made 8 batches (I've been giving it away).  I can still make more. I figure each batch is costing me about $1. Each batch lasts my family of 4 about a month.  AND we have lots of towels because it is summer and we live in Texas and we have a pool.  So, we probably do 1 to 2 loads per day.  That means 30 loads = $1 of the homemade stuff.

 I priced the Tide pods at Amazon. 
1 pod=1 load
77 pods in 1 container
1 container =$18.99

77 loads with Tide = $18.99  OR 77 loads with Homemade version  approx. $2.50.  You choose.

I figured I just saved $15 and so I am going out to lunch.  After all, I've already emptied the dishwasher once today.....

Oh, here is the link to the homemade laundry soap...

How many loads of laundry do you do in a day?

No comments:

Post a Comment