Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Cleaning a Stainless Steel Sink

My friend has her house on the market and I've been giving her hints about keeping it "show" ready.  Not because I'm an expert.  I've only sold one house and it was on the market 3 days and 2 of those I was out of town.  No, I give her hints because I tend to be bossy and I have a little more time to think about these things. 

So, when I was browsing through Pinterest one day, I saw a pin for cleaning your sink with baby oil.  Now, I'm thinking that might work (after all I found it on the internet and the internet is ALWAYS right - said in a sarcasm font), but when your house is on the market, do you really want your kitchen to smell like babies???  I think that might be the best scent for some people.

So, I got to thinking...what do I like to smell? 



Lemons!  If baby oil works, why not try lemon oil?  So, I did and it was a WOW moment for me.  I didn't even think my sink was that dirty, but boy did it SHINE when I was done. 

Before
After




















So, how did I do it?  I rinsed out the sink and then dried it.  Then I put about 5 drops of lemon essential oil and some vegetable oil on a rag redeemed from a cotton t-shirt.  Then I rubbed it on.  Look at my rag after doing half of my sink.  The sink was dirtier than I thought!

 
I think I'll use this all the time to keep my sink clean.  Maybe that Dish Fairy will show up and do it for me.  Hey, a girl can always dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment